Skip to main content

SWEET NECTAR OF LOVE


I got drunk.
Well you are thinking, what's new in that bloke? Well let me ask you this - how old were you when you first consumed liquor ?
Twelve ?….Eleven?
I was two years and 7 months old when I first had my share of liquor, nope...not at all kidding. Bow down before me for I did it before it was cool, frankly..it was far from cool.
This great saga goes back to many years, when my Aunt introduced me to the love of my life, Kaala-Paani. Nope, not the infamous prison in Andaman. Of course, not the prison. Do not let your imagination run wild this is my saga let me guide you through it. Kaala-Paani was another name for...wait for it...Coca-Cola (a carbonated soft drink). 

I know what are you thinking, why such descriptive yet weird name, right ? Well, I wonder the same, why did she not teach me its real name. I mean how hard would it had been for me to learn saying Coca Cola. I mean imagine me saying to people I like Kaala-Paani, what was one supposed to make of it. But, then when was the last time your relatives did something that made you happy?......Exactly.


So, yeah..the first time we met was in one of the weddings. She took no time to catch my attention and then did not lose it. She seemed sweet, I could feel something dark in her ..something fizzy. She tasted like an exotic nectar sent straight from heaven, she was the best thing I had drank till then, milk was nowhere near. My Aunt appeared to be no less than Sophia - the angel of love to have introduced me to Kaala-Paani.
I was from head to tow in love with her.
She was totally wonderful, not even a single day passed we did not meet.
I remember, I used to move mountains to meet my love(read cry my eyes out and roll on the floor).You know how first love is, right?

But then, where there is love, there shall be heartbreaks.
I clearly remember that day, it was a holiday. Mom and dad were in the garden and my elder brother was in the next room. Suddenly my urge for Kaala-Paani reached its peak and I started wandering everywhere to find her just like an addict on withdrawal symptoms. I remembered that dad had brought a bottle the day before but what I did not know that it had already finished. 

After some futile searching I went to the kitchen and there..it was resting below the self.. was my love. The bottle looked a bit different but as they love is blind so who cared. I opened the bottle and took a sip….oh my god!..it tasted so bitter…so awful ,but my love had overtaken my senses and I gulped some more sips.


The next thing I remember I was all wet…my head was hurting a little..did I say little..nope..it was hurting a hell lot. I was being held captive under the shower by my father and was being forced to drink lime juice. My mother was shoving a toothbrush down my throat, make me vomit I suppose. I could feel foul breath, my foul breath and a weird taste ofcourse. 
The whole night I was made to stand in the same place, being subjected to the same third degree torture. So much for love, eh !
Well it turns out that whom I thought was my beloved Kaala-Paani was in fact liquor and this is what all happened after that- 

After I took some sips, I dropped the bottle and all the booze was on the floor.
I pulled a curtain to support myself and in process detached the rod and and the pelmet.
I fell down from stairs and got a bump on my head. I reached to the ground floor, started playing with a scooter and making vroom vroom (sound of a racing engine accelerating) sounds from mouth while all the neighbourhood children were having a good time watching me go all bonkers.

And such was my first encounter with booze.
So friends, when I tell you I am a teetotaler you have all the reasons in the world to believe me.

Just kidding ! 
Pour one for me will ya ?....with some Kaala-Paani. Cheers !!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A PALINDROMIC LOVE

Her laughter broke the silence , bringing him back from the dense web of thoughts . A smile surfaced on his face seeing her sitting beside him, holding his hand. He had always wondered how easily she could find joy in the things he regarded as mundane. How her eyes looked even more beautiful when she was happy, her eyes, her sparkling hazel eyes had an unearthly attraction which could root anybody to the same spot for hours. She seemed so happy with the world, so lost in her own thoughts. This laugh was so familiar to him, it was the same laugh which would always save him from all the gloom, the one which he so deeply admired, the one with which he had fallen in love with.  It was the same laugh, he could now recognize it clearly. He remembers his first encounter with this laugh. He was this shy guy in college whom nobody knew and she was this famous cheery and chirpy girl the whole college talked about. She was the topic of almost all of the buzz in the campus and h

Anxiously Yours - Entry 1

For the longest time, I have had this feeling, this feeling of your soul crumbling from within, something emptying you, sipping away the life, the energy the peace, and feel this unexplainable hollowness from within which leaves you more helpless by every passing movement. I have been feeling this even before the time I knew it has a name to it. The feeling is not new as such, it is just the acknowledgment and the gravity we have given to this which has changed over the past some years.  The palpitations, beating of hard and excessive sweating you must have faced before something you were afraid of. Some might have told you you were being a coward or fattu. I have heard elders putting the same feeling as " ji ghabrana"  or " praan kablana".  For the longest time I have only heard this word as something you go through or feel and not remotely something you might have or suffer from which if I think about it disassociates the feeling from the person and dilutes the

BEAUTY AND THE BEAST

Come near to me I have something to say The things which have caused me all the dismay The things you so bluntly deny Things which are as clear as the morning sky Come near to me while I pull you closer and ask About the reason of your actions And the false glory you bask Come near to me while I place my hands on your smooth neck And hover my fingers where you got the love peck And see in your eyes and see if you still can lie About all that was happening behind my sight Come near to me So that I can smack your disgusting lips,  as hard as I can Cause you know no emotions ...and just need any man For you are damaged and can never heal And snatching others' happiness fuels your zeal Come near to me So that I can place my hands around your neck so divine And free you from this disgusting life ....it will soon be all fine And let my anger lower while you gasp for air And struggling for life while the end is near I wil